FOM with SOM Trainee Conference 2019
Date: Monday 21st October
Time: 10:00 (09:30 registration) – 16:30
Location: ECOH, 2 Lovibond Lane, London, SE10 9FY
Attendance is free for FOM trainees, CESR trainees, FOM trainers and prospective FOM trainees (lunch included)
The world of work is changing, and today's OH trainees will be tomorrow's leaders in keeping workers healthy and in work.
Join us to hear a remarkable line-up of speakers talk about issues that will affect your practice both now and in the future. Speakers and topics include:
- Professor Dame Jane Dacre, former RCP President and President of the Medical Protection Society - Working towards an equitable workplace
- Dr Michael Farquhar, Consultant in Children's Sleep Medicine - Sleep and work
- Peter Apps, Global Affairs Commentator at Reuters, Director at the Project for the Study of the 21st century and British Army Reservist - Working with disability
- Dr Jane Hitchins, East Kent Hospitals University - Lead
- Emily Yeardley, Baker Law - Legal Update
- Dr Mark Hall, CMO at Medigold - HAVS
- Dr Richard Peters, CMO at Network Rail - Strategic thinking in Occupational Medicine
The programme will also include two panel sessions:
- Ask the Faculty - This panel session will give delegates the opportunity to ask FOM's Board, Council and Trainers questions about the the curriculum, training, exams and more. Panelists include: Dr Anne de Bono, Dr Dil Sen, Dr Harj Kaul, Dr Steven Nimmo and Dr Jayne Moore. Please submit your questions to the panel in advance by e-mailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Developing a career in Occupational Medicine - Hear how our panel of FOM members have pursued various career paths in occupational medicine, from NHS to RAF. Panelists include: Dr Anne de Bono, Dr Richard Peters, Dr Jill Crabbe, Dr Harj Kaul and Dr Alasdair Emslie.
Registration is open to all FOM trainees, CESR trainees, FOM trainers and prospective FOM trainees.
This is a CPD accredited event, points are TBC.
2 Lovibond Lane
London, SE10 9FY
Event CPD Details