FOM Trainee Conference 2020 - Save the date
FOM is pleased to announce that this year’s trainee conference will take place on Monday 23rd November. Occupational Medicine trainees are a diverse group, across many sectors and regions. While face-to-face meetings remain the format of choice, current restrictions preclude traditional conference gatherings. In the interest of safety and continuing education, a half-day virtual conference will take place. Using Microsoft Teams, it is hoped that trainees from across the UK will be able to attend, without a need to travel. There is no charge to attend, but registration will be required.
The format is short, focussed segments with time for discussion and Q&A, and engagement is encouraged. A mixture of exam-focused material and broader professional development will be on offer. It is anticipated that this will spark some lively discussion and discourse, to compensate somewhat for the absence of socialising.
- Identify the broad roles and perspectives of an Occupational Physician as a clinician, leader, mediator and researcher
- Recognise how these roles intersect and differ in various sectors nationally and internationally
- Consider the importance of emerging evidence in Occupational Medicine and how that influences practice and research
- Relate leadership and management experiences during training to future opportunities
- Apply experiences of peer-trainees to exam preparation, ePortfolio and research dissertation to own training progression
Full programme and registration details will be announced shortly.
Event CPD Details
Homepage Event Flag