Health for Health Professionals Core Competencies
24 October / London / Faculty of Occupational Medicine / £90–£175 / CPD: 5
Occupational health management of other healthcare professionals (HCPs), especially doctors, comes with its own unique challenges. Additional competencies are required to tackle these challenges effectively, and Health for Health Professionals (HHP) Core Competency workshops aim to offer a robust introduction to these valuable skills.
This day-long workshop features interactive group work, evidence-based scientific discussion and expert guidance from members of FOM’s HHP steering group, including national expert and HHP Lead, Professor Debbie Cohen OBE.
The day provides an overview of the topics at the heart of HHP and helps participants achieve the core competencies. Sessions cover the health, legal, and ethical issues that arise when managing often complex cases, alongside guided case studies and best practice techniques.
By attending you will:
- Understand the major health problems that occur most commonly in HCPs and those that most frequently impact on their capacity to work
- Learn best practice in assisting HCPs in identifying and accessing the most appropriate support in the management of their health problems
- Become familiar with the social, behavioural and psychological influences on the ways in which HCPs manage their own health problems
- Understand the nature and magnitude of risks to patients from health problems in the HCPs who care for them
- Develop improved understanding of the roles of the GMC and GDC in regulating the performance of HCPs, and the legal framework and regulatory processes by which they manage health and performance problems in HCPs
- And much more
Registration includes all handouts, refreshments and lunch.
2 Lovibond Lane
London, SE10 9FY
|Registration Fee||£ 175.00|
Event CPD Details