The ALAMA Autumn Conference 2018 – Occupational Health: Staying on the Straight and Narrow
21–23 November / Leeds / ALAMA / £160–£840 / CPD: 16 / Registration & Info
The ALAMA conference is the leading opportunity for OH physicians from across the UK and beyond to access the latest clinical, procedural and legal intelligence in the most cost effective and time efficient manner. Designed by and for OH professionals it delivers a programme which is relevant, thought-provoking and educational.
The last Association of Local Authority Medical Advisors conference held in Leeds attracted a record number of attendees and this one is based on the same highly successful formula. Delegates will be treated to a range of expert speakers including in the field of orthopaedics, cardiology, ENT and of course psychiatry (including a session that discusses the difficulties in establishing evidence of permanency in various psychiatric conditions). The clinical sessions focus on subjects that you will come across in your daily practice whatever industrial sector you work in, ensuring that the programme is completely relevant to you.
To maintain this high level of relevance, the loose theme of the conference is staying on the straight and narrow. The objective here is to have you come away with crucial information on how to remain compliant with some of the minefield of regulatory systems that impact on your practice. We’ve lined up sessions on professional appraisals, revalidation and cybersecurity. And if just reading that causes you to sweat and feel faint with anxiety, you’ll certainly be interested in attending an extended and interactive session on avoiding burnout and building mental resilience!
The central location and programme content of the Leeds ALAMA conference in November 2018 is again likely to prove very popular – so dust off your flat caps, pack your ferret repellent and book early to avoid disappointment!
Key to the success of each ALAMA conference is the programme. We are still in the process of confirming some of the sessions and speakers, however, this is the story so far:
- Adjustment disorder and mixed anxiety and depressive disorder, chronic fatigue syndrome and depression that can be consequential on chronic stress.
- ADHD – Screening, diagnosis and functional impact on life and work.
- ENT balance problems
- Cyber Security
- Spinal pain, radiology, treatments and functional return to work before and after spinal surgery.
- Complaints against OHPs
- Function and prognosis of common long-term conditions of knee and hip
- The why, how and what of the medical appraisal process.
- Avoiding Burnout: Understanding Stress, Building Resilience and Embracing Relaxation (Special session)
- Trauma Risk Management (TRiM)
- Special Interest Sessions (Local Authority, Police and Fire and Rescue)
- Legal Update
For more information and to register please see the ALAMA website.
Event CPD Details